Sunday, January 16, 2011

NOT a team player.

Have I ever mentioned before how much I love my job? Well, I do. I get to thinking a lot during it. I get to watch Volleyball games, which are very much a team sport. It got me thinking.. surprise! Not like everything doesn't do that to me already.

It was interesting, because I watched these girls hug between every score that they did (well, kind of. My job is kind of hard to multi-task watching and writing, which surprise.. surprise.. those are the tasks I'm supposed to do!) They would give each other high-fives, talk to each other between.. and at first I felt somewhat jealous.

You'd think most people want to be part of something, most people want to be part of that team type atmosphere. I guarantee you, I do not fit this. I do not want to be part of a team. As much as it's a beautiful idea, I discovered it's not the way I work.

In highschool when everyone was cheering for the Rams, I would either cheer for the Comets or... the Ramets. You can imagine what my peers did to me.. rolled their eyes at me, got furious with me, oh yes! I remember. I also remember getting so fed-up with how obsessed everyone seemed to be with winning. The pride they held... They were the best, no matter what. They couldn't see that the other team had worked just as hard (if not harder) and so therefore a loss wouldn't be a big deal... right?

Maybe it's because I was an outcast myself that I feel the need to either seclude myself, or go for the other side. If people remembered to recognize all aspects, maybe I would be too..

The moral of this is, that I'm not a team player. I prefer to work alone, or to help the other side. This isn't all the time, but I LOVE seeing the other point of view, I love hanging with the outcasts... they usually have interesting ideas about things I've never heard of, they usually are more accepting, and they're usually happy just to have someone willing to hear them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment