Sunday, January 9, 2011

An inspirational woman.

http://gnomesspace.blogspot.com/ <--- that is a blog of the woman who has inspired me the most lately. Tonight I was falling into a ridiculously depressing fashion over none other than, yet again, the way I look. Maybe it's simply the fact that I was at a volleyball game in which the women are massively gorgeous.. and thin.

That's why this lady inspires me. She inspires me because she has had a similar problem to me, in fact many, and so to see her pushing through the one horror which has hung over my head for my whole life, is a miracle. I hope that in doing this I do not offend her, for that is not my intention. I do believe that this is a battle with a lot of people in today's society. How could it not be? Obesity rates are rising... food is full of junk.. and with technology on the rise, what use do we have for actually doing physical activities?

I have a tiny amount of forty pounds to lose. I dreamed that this would happen to me, where I'd only be down to having to lose that much. Really, I should stop being down on myself. I have an amazing friends, an amazing boyfriend, school starts on MONDAY which means I'm getting closer to one dream.. so why not dream bigger? Why not allow my other dreams to come through? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I will be beautiful in as many ways as I possibly can be. I just have to realize that this is a journey not a sprint. If I sprint without training I'm hurt myself. Just like if I try to lose weight too quickly without it being sustainable then I will fail. I don't want to set myself up for failure. I want to set myself for life.

So thank you Naomi. Thank you for helping me to realize that I'm not alone, and that I can do this!

Luckily it is today that I realized that I have an amazing life... full of opportunity, full of love, and I'm going to live it!

<3

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind at all !! And I am certainly not offended! I am honored and glad that I can BE an inspiration.

    You're absolutely right that obesity is on the rise. Neither of us are alone in this battle, not just in weight, but in self image in and of itself. I've known women, who have every reason NOT to feel like they aren't good enough, look at themselves and see exactly the opposite. We're all fighting the same battle as women because we are women. The media tells us how we should look and society defines who we should be. It's up to us to change that. It's a batlle I think we'll always be fighting. With every change for the good comes opposition. We are no longer at the mercy of the men in our lives in comparison to a couple of centuries ago, instead we're at the mercy of what we percieve they want. And in some cases, what they expect. We just have to realize that we ARE worth something and any change should come for reasons other than self image because if that is always our aim, we'll never live up to it. Just because we don't have it all, doesn't mean we don't have something to offer.

    I love you so much girl and I am so happy that you are in a good place as far as your direction. Never forgot that you are loved and that you ARE beautiful! And amazing.

    Keep on living.

    <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete