Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Now I'm hitting one of the major issues with me having left my old religion. In a lot of ways, I did believe what I actually did back then, but in a way, it was to go along with the majority. It's easy to agree with the majority of people, when the majority of the people are part of that particular religion. I HATE disagreeing with people. Often because I can see exactly where they're coming from, so I feel it's not my place..

However, sometimes this is a dangerous trait. There have been plenty of psychology experiments done revolving around this idea. What we would do if an authority told us to do something? Generally we follow it. Especially if it's for something like a job, even if we completely disagree with it. Adolf Eichmann was this way. He aided in the killing of lots of jews. Adolph Hitler would give him his idea, and he would carry it out. There was a radio show host who interviewed him. I'm not sure what he was expecting, but he wasn't expecting what he got. He got an amazingly kind, grandpa type figure. When he asked why he did what he did, he said simply "It was a job I had."

Yes, I would consider this to be a jaw-dropping situation. People go 'how could he do that?' but yet psychology experiments have proved that every one of us can have this happen to us. Although my situation isn't so extreme as this, I believe it to be kind of horrible. I can't seem to separate myself from my religious mindset, which is what I want more than anything.

*sigh* I'll probably be posting more today.


this amazing song

No comments:

Post a Comment