Monday, June 4, 2012

Relearning law of Attraction

Things have been hard. Big surprise right? Life often is when you're the type of person who knows nothing else. I've been trying to be happy, healthy, and strong...and to be truly honest, it wasn't panning out too well. I'm going to be very honest. I've been giving in to absolute jealousy. I've been watching friends, celebrities, etc and been jealous because of success. Jealous because I don't have what they do.

So in one of my raids of jealousy, I stumbled across the twitter of the actress who plays Willow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Alyson Hannigan.)...partially because of jealousy, and partially because her acting is so entertaining that I figured her tweets would be too.. And i definitely could use a pick-me-up. Anyway, in scrolling through her tweets there was one that said something like "For those of you who want my job... TOO BAD! I've had to work hard to not have to work very hard."

THEN IT HIT ME.

I've been looking at the law of attraction completely 100% wrong. I've got caught on the trap that you can get something for nothing. Most are successful because they just live their lives...exploring, learning, but they have to WORK hard. The universe will not hand your destiny on a platter. We're not predestined! We have to work and explore to find our ultimate happiness. How can the universe present us with plenty when we sit on a couch all day? Nothing changes, we're not learning about ourselves and our world.

There is no reason why we can't be successful, except for the limitations we place on ourselves. I now realize that getting something for nothing is a degrading philosophy. I can now see the world through new lenses. I want to explore, and work to find the destiny I've been seeking. If you seek... you'll eventually find. If you sit, you'll stay put. So get on your feet without fear.. tomorrow's a new day. :)

I also now realize that jealousy is a detriment. After all, if I'm jealous of other people putting in the effort to truly find what makes them happy... when I haven't been trying to do the same, then who am I to say anything? This world is beautiful and there's plenty of dreams to be filled for everyone. We're all just people with dreams and the universe wants to provide...to guide.

I'll be completely honest...I don't know what I'm going to do with this new found epiphany. I hope I start to explore more, but one thing's sure...I now have the first key to getting what I want, and making my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment