Friday, June 15, 2012

The difference between my parents and I

Rotten teenagers, that's what we are... right? Do you copy? Do you read me? After all, parents have the experience... they know the world... because the world obviously slips into specific patterns that can be memorized.

Um. Since when?

Lately I've been thinking about just how much our world has changed/is changing. In the past hundred years, technology has kind of taken over. It's changed the entire way we live our lives. In fact, me sitting in front of this computer is probably one of the biggest indicators of that. I'm currently typing on a machine which has so much thought, and compact objects shoved into it all to create a smart robot-type device to help me with my day to day activities. I could say that it also aids in the ruination of plenty of good relationships, annoyance at not actually placing real resumes to real people (online applications... ugh.), and yet makes life oh so much easier! Having traveled as much as I have, if I hadn't had this device, I would not have a single friend (except perhaps for my lovely R.)

This device which I have under my fingers just shows how much things can change. Life can change in the blink of an eye, especially once things start rolling. We didn't used to type on laptops! I remember the slow computers in elementary school. I remember the little animated paperclip who would appear at the side of my screen saying that he wanted to help me figure out how to use word. I remember when paint was the most exciting thing... and then some. I'm sad to say that I haven't seen the clip guy in the corner, which makes my computer experience that much less enjoyable. After all, it was the clip guy who took the serious away from these unatural things (Yay radiation!) All at the sametime, when I get a computer of my own, my music and writing careers shall be much easier to do.

Computers are evidence that this is just a time of quick change - so let's accept it! There are factors which are kind of terrible which go with that, but even that's changing. Hello change, welcome to the world. Could you please catch my parents up to speed?

In my new found love of trying to find love and joy in life - this is probably not the best post to do. Trying to find love and light is not something I was taught. It's something that I'm learning through seemingly unatural and very difficult means. Through many realizations it has become harder to be natural happy. All the things I wasn't taught.

1) We're not free. What? You thought differently? We're items. We have a net value. We can be bought, all for fear of not having the every day comforts we have. I do believe that we have ways that we can get back our freedom, but that's a post for another day.

2) It's okay to be you. We're always taught that, but no one really means it. I know that in my family we were told to always care about what other people were thinking/saying before we did anything in our life. Other people's opinions are what matters. You know what the problem with that lifestyle is? Nobody likes you. You can't live for everyone. It also shows that you're trying to please. So please, for the love just be YOU! People are attracted to confidence, not cookie cutters.

3) School is not educational. Real education comes from experience, classics and mentors.

4) It is a freaking technology boom. No more in person resumes, people only want to hear from you online. Yeesh.

5) There's a shift happening. Enlightenment, awareness, and it's something more than religion. Yet again, another post by itself. It's happening with us, the rotten teenagers are the ones who are changing! New thoughts and ideas are booming more than ever before! Amazing things are in the works.

Perhaps it's unfair to ask that everybody be caught up to speed. It's easy to live in the past. There are just SO many lessons we could be learning from this day in age. Things are shifting beautifully.. I can feel it! That is the biggest difference between my parents and I.. I can feel it. I can feel the change, and accept it.

End post.

PS (Would anybody be opposed to giving me suggestions on what to write about? I would love to incorporate suggestions.. research, and start discussing. I'm also thinking of starting to post once a week. Stay tuned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment