Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The happy phase.

It's interesting. I think my system actually got tired of being miserable.. Which is just more of a testimony to me that our natural state is not misery. To have come this far and to have learned so much, I feel truly blessed. I want to write a blog entry of gratitude, in a list format.

1. A kind of spirituality Being at one with the creator and becoming in tune with myself has been an incredible journey. A hard one, but a great one. I am also grateful for the spiritual trials which I have had in order to get here. The fact that there are still mysteries is beautiful to me.. life is the most fantastic journey, and I'm grateful to be here, regardless of how I got here or where I'm going.

2. Family There have been many ups and downs with this, as I'm sure many others experience, and ultimately I'm grateful for them. I'm grateful for the laughter, for the tears, for the hugs, for the LOVE that's experienced through these people who I am grateful for.

3. Misunderstanding/Misjudgment This might sound like a funny thing to be grateful for. It is through these that I have learned how to care about people. For instance, when I was at Katimavik I had a roommate who I did NOT want to have. Now she is one of my ultimate closest friends. On the flip side, unfortunately there are those who we misjudge because we judged them as being extremely good, when really they have a side of immense danger. Even those circumstances I'm grateful for because of the fact that we can usually learn from the experience somehow. Even more than that I've realized that at the root of every person, there is a story. For behaviors which I have misunderstood and continue to misunderstand, there's always a story. People are one of the most beautiful methods of learning.

4. Nature Oh my... this is definitely one of my favourites. There is nothing like feeling at one with nature. Realizing that distance doesn't matter because you're staring at the same moon, which is such a beautiful part of nature. The stars, sunrises/sunsets, hills, mountains, desserts... the lists goes on. How could one get bored even with all the beauty around us? It's healing.

5. Children There is just something about the child-like innocence that gets to me. I can't really even explain, all I know is that it exists. This can also encompass the little things that make me happy, such as bubbles. Things which are cute...

6. Education This is one that I could go on forever about, because of the fact that it's been my passion for so long. My mind has been truly opened to all the wonderful things to learn in this life. Books, writing, music... that could all be encompassed here. What would life be without learning, really?

7. Creativity To be able to have a creative mind has honestly been one of the things which has made my life interesting. It's an outlet unlike anything else. It's a way to allow the mind to escape, and to change the world. We would honestly be nothing without creative minds. We probably wouldn't be able to exist.

8. Physical activity Oh the high! It's interesting, because most people dislike the feeling of the way your muscles hurt after a work out the next day. I LOVE the pain. Why? It generally means progression in the right direction. What a safe, wonderful release. Did you know that you're 50% less likely to get depression if you engage in physical activities of some kind?

9. Relationships Last but certainly not least. Right now I have two of the truest friends who I'm sure I dreamed of having. There is nothing like feeling loved. Live, love, laugh, dance! To dance through life with those who matter most is the most beautiful blessing... to be able to work through things, and discover new things about them. To realize that people matter in this life is a lesson to be learned.

Life is looking up right now, and I'm looking up to life.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I honestly find myself looking a lot more like this lately, and it makes me happy.

I LOVE LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment