Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grounded

This title could have two meanings. I should really ground myself from facebook, or from youtube. It wastes so much of my life! In this particular instance, I believe I'm referring to the grounding of our society. The government.

This video provoked my thoughts that I have currently. This video is talking about the US Constitution. Although I believe that it's initial premiss was a good idea at the time, I don't believe it would work. Not in what feels right within my system, anyway.

It's stating equality amongst human beings, but it's also discussing further implementing ideas of God, and thus religion. Religious or not, I would disagree with this mindset... Religion would not help a country to get better. This society is far too diverse for that.

Take homosexuals. Although, I, personally cannot fathom as to why someone would naturally be attracted to someone of the same gender, I can also not fathom as to why someone would choose to live that sort of lifestyle, unless if they actually were attracted to the same gender. If this is the case.. then shouldn't they be allowed to love each other as they wish? Isn't it technically the same as freedom of speech, or any of the other values we're supposed to have? No, I'm not promoting homosexual. Most of my beliefs have to do with peace, love, and allowing people to live their own lives...

Another issue with this type of institution would obviously be for the people who do not believe in God. In this type of Institution they would probably have to follow through with laws that they don't believe in. As people have their agency, this would be unfair.

The fewer laws we have the better it would be. The problem with laws is that people naturally feel a need to rebel. So when more and more laws are created.. there are more and more crimes committed, and created. People should be able to more or less govern themselves. However the society has more or less deteoriated..

This is going to sound like a pointless entry. After all this, I'm not sure what would be the perfect society. All I know is that it would be best not to have it completely indoctrinated from religion. People should all have their freedom.

2 comments:

  1. Have you been reading Romans 2-6 lately or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No.. I have not. Why do you ask?

    ReplyDelete