Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Religion Club.

I suppose you could say I've been grinding my teeth a little bit lately. I just don't understand human beings! We say we want one thing, when really we want the other. Currently I'm talking about diversity. I don't know how many people I've talked to who just want something different in their lives... but if they see anything that's different, they seem to hault and put a hand in front of the face of whoever's talking to them, with a "Go away!" type attitude.

The purpose of this blog is not to rant about change, however, it's to talk about religion. I've kind of come face to face with everything that I didn't want to. You know those things that you have to fight and fight for and then you discover that you were wrong? I've had lots of those moments lately. The biggest one seems to have been about religion.

Currently religion feels kind of fake. There's a face, and we stick it on when Sunday rolls around. After that the face comes down and there's someone completely different. Religion is starting to feel like a club. It can be one of the best, or one of the worst, but it feels like a club nonetheless. If you choose to leave, or you choose to join, or you coast along with it..

I don't know what I'm really trying to say. I'm just frustrated with being wrog. I still believe in my belief system that I have chosen, but there is a reason why we don't place faith in people. Shouldn't it be unified? Being in this club doesn't make us any better than anyone else does it....?

No comments:

Post a Comment