Monday, March 28, 2011

Cognitive Dissonance

I've come across the term in Ethics.. in Logic.. and now, it's finally resignating in Psychology. Cognitive Dissonance: a term which vaguely means that your actions are not in line with your beliefs. Unfortunately, this seems to have been the story of my life lately. I didn't realize it.. until now. I am so grateful to good friends, because it was only after a conversation with a good friend that I realized this was happening. The person who I've been is so different from who I am. What changed me? I don't think it's necessarily to completely point fingers, after all it was my choice to respond in the way that I did.. but some things were definitely influenced by one person for me. Under abusive ideas and manipulative means, my personality took a complete turn. It was dark, and I literally felt like a crazy person. This person harnessed my emotions and fired them back against me. In a lot of ways I felt defenseless... but this person had such a strong hold, such a strong hold. Well, no longer. Into the light I go... I want to stand for something. I don't want to be another face in the ground, and that is who I've become. Luckily people can change. Situations change. Life changes. I want to set goals, and live free... free. I want to remember what that feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment