Saturday, October 23, 2010

Continuing with the idea of illusionment

I've come to a conclusion about silence. It can be great when you need a moment of peace. In other words, it's great when you're out in nature. By you I mean me. I find that silence is wonderful when I'm just browsing around the creations of the world... but silence within a dark, boxed space is not so pleasant.

Maybe it's simply because I'm claustrophobic? I guess it could be a number of things. I do have a belief that humans were meant to be outdoors. Indoors is a convenient place to remain warm. Beyond that, I much prefer being outdoors. Except when winter rolls around. Then there's a problem with being outside. Unless if there's plenty of snow to play in... but that's not the point..

Yesterday I had a lot of silence. However, it was not in the comfortable blanket of nature. I had most disturbing ideas... but there's only one really worth sharing.

Have you ever seen 'The Truman Show'? If you haven't, go watch it or look it up on wikipedia. I would say it might be worth your time, depending on how you spend your time.

Thinking about this created a thought. What if this life is an illusion? There is no real proof that I exist, maybe this is all in my head? It seems like a terrible game especially at this particular point. Some days I feel like I'm completely losing my mind.. and if life was only a set-up... my goodness! Someone would be getting some great entertainment. Quite probably too much for my liking. It's easy to get caught up in patterns, especially when one doesn't get a chance to think productively such as places in nature.

Probably going to continue with this idea again...

No comments:

Post a Comment